Friday 20 July 2012

Races Outfit

So a few weeks ago i went to Chester races with my dad, step mum, brother and sister. I'd been considering wearing my green maxi dress from Wallis (featured here) that i wore to Ladies Day at Aintree but i fancied something different and well.. any excuse for a new outfit!

After a quick trawl around the shops this is what i ended up with..



Maxi Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Clutch Bag - Dorothy Perkins
Watch - Argos
Dolly's - Primark

--------

I eventually found the bulk of my outfit in Dorothy Perkins. I've really become a big fan of their stuff recently. They've got some gorgeous flowing summery pieces like this that will be great for holidays or summer weddings.

I really loved the print of this dress, very summery with the butterflies and a bit of pastel always floats my boat. It's really flattering on the figure too as it sinces in and ties at the waist.. it's also a really nice length for a maxi; i find some can be waaay too long and at 5'4 they absolutely drown me! The bag was a perfect match colour wise, and it's beautifully made with the gold edging finishing it off nicely - it's available in a few other colours and i'm tempted to pick those up too!

I opted for flats as i knew i'd be walking from the train station and on my feet all day so didn't fancy the pain of heels!

I had a fab day in the end and the weather held out beautifully :) has anybody else been to the races this summer?

--------

JessLoren x

No comments:

Post a Comment