Saturday 9 February 2013

Time To Dig Out The Suitcase!

So guess what i did today..

Showered, ate some toast, watched a bit of telly.. and booked a frigging holiday! BOOM! :)

I'm officially going to Egypt with my man on the 20th of Feb. We've been wanting to book something for weeks, but we were finally pushed into action today when the price shot up.. luckily we managed to get away with paying the price we'd originally seen! We're staying in a hotel called Coral Sea Splash Resort, and Jay is super excited because they have tons of slides and stuff which appeals to the big kid that he is. I'm looking forward to kicking back with a book and catching some rays, not much else!

I'm affording this holiday thanks to all my lovely friends and family who generously gave me money for my 21st birthday back in December. I was considering keeping it in my savings and spending it on something more "sensible" but quickly snapped out of it and thought, where's the fun in that?! To be honest i don't think people gave me birthday pennies expecting me to spend it on boring stuff like bills anyway, and i like knowing that i can say i did something worthwhile with it!


This is my last chance to get away before i go back flying, as i'm not allowed to take proper holidays in the summer.. so i'm really going to make the most of being the passenger before the tables are turned in the months ahead!

 Jay also worked all over Christmas this year including Christmas Day, so i feel he really deserves this holiday more than anything.

---------

To be quite honest i've always said i don't fancy Egypt. I know people get poorly quite easily because of the water, the locals can be a bit pushy and there has been times when it's been a dangerous country to visit.. but currently things seem to be quite safe, especially in Sharm, i don't plan on really leaving the hotel to have to deal with the locals and i'm planning on being really careful with what i eat and drink.. and maybe overdoing it with the hand sanitiser!

It's really the only place i can afford that has the temperatures i want at this time of year, and i can't wait to see some sunshine after the miserable weather we've had here the last few months.

For the first time ever i only have 15 kilos luggage allowance and i do not know the meaning of "travelling light" so packing for this should be interesting!! Note to self - it's only SEVEN days.

Has anyone been to this Hotel or Egypt in general and got any tips for me? 

Digging out my summer stuff now is going to feel SO weird.. 

xxx


6 comments:

  1. I AM SO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW. I need a holiday... Have an amazing time xx

    vivalashoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sorry :) I'll try not to post too many pictures when i come home!

      - Thanks i will definately try xxx

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! I'm soo jealous you're an air hostess?! Something I've really thought about getting into lately..! Love your blog, definitely following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so amazing! I'll just get lost in those pictures for a while and forget the snow outside! I went to Egypt a couple of years ago, and I really loved it! You're so lucky!!
    xx, Siri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I've been noseying at that hotel at work for a while now. Not sure if you already know about tipping there but the locals are quite happy for you to tip in Euros/US dollars if you have any that you need to get rid of. Have a lovely time xx

    misskirstymarie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That actually looks so beautiful! I hope you have a great trip!
    Samantha x

    http://samanthalusts.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete