Friday 2 March 2012

Boots Cleansing Wipes


I've decided to do a quick review on these Cleansing Wipes from Boots. I have been using them for around a month now after buying 3 packets in a mad rush just before my holiday. They were on offer at the time 3 for £3 and it seemed like a good deal. I tend to be quite lucky with the skin on my face so don't usually spend a lot on these type of products. The packaging itself is very basic as to be expected with the price and claims to contain soothing Aloe Vera and Vitamin E which work to remove make up and excess oils leaving skin feeling clean soft and smooth.

--------

 However, I have to say i'm not overly impressed with them! The first thing i spotted was that they are not exactly "fragrance free" .. i have noticed what i can only describe as the scent you would get from cheap childrens make up, and it's not very nice at all - admittedly not too overpowering but definately noticeable as they come in such close contact with your nose! My face also felt quite dry afterwards and i felt the need to use some moisturiser straight away to rectify this. I also found they didn't remove my eye make-up very well at all and a lot of my mascara (which isn't waterproof) was still clinging to my lashes.

---------

Now i know a lot of people will say you get what you pay for and this is the be expected from such a cheap product but i have used similar wipes from Superdrug and even Primark that overall have been 10x better. I'd really recommend the Superdrug's own range of skincare, especially their fragrance free or comomile wipes which i normally use.

--------

I will finish up using the one and a half packets i have left - but definately stick to what i know next time! :)
Has anyone else had this problem with Boots Skincare? It has slightly put me off buying their own brand products again..

--------

JessLoren x

3 comments:

  1. I think your right if you pay for something you would like to get your moneys worth. Superdrug ones are much better :)

    Following you know sweetie would be great if you could follow back

    http://lovemakeupfashionlife.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep definately. cheap shouldnt always mean rubbish!

      following you now too :) x

      Delete
  2. lovely blog and post!

    love,x
    http://elliebeaa.blogspot.com
    I'm doing a giveaway.. check it out!

    ReplyDelete